Thursday 4 September 2008

An update blog! Featuring elephants.

Okay! So, it's been a while since there was any updating done. And all manner of thrilling wonderment has occurred. So I'm now going to tell you about it. In blog-ular format.
Right. Um, so... what was the last thing we posted about? Not the music thing, that was pointless. Oh, the apostilling. And kimchi. Or gimchi as it is sometimes known. Ok, well since then we have sent all our documents off to Korea to be approved by the Embassy, which took a week-ish. At which point they told us my degree certificate had to be in a sealed envelope (i.e. in an envelope with the uni seal on it, not an envelope that had been sealed. OBVIOUSLY we sealed the envelope before we sent it, or everything would've fallen out. duh). So I had to rush off and get another copy sealed and resend it. Then, about 10 days later we got our visa application numbers back from our employer, so rushed off to London as quick as our tiny legs would carry us so the Korean Embassy could put pretty stamps in our passports. We were under the impression this would be done in a day, then we'd go straight to some kind of internet-enabled portal and advise Jason he could book us some shiny tickets on one of those winged vehicles. Sadly, the not-that-friendly chap in the Korean Embassy stamped all over our hopes and dreams by declaring that we'd be able to collect our passports in 5 working days. not counting that day. Thanks to the stupid bank holiday this meant we had to go back the following Friday. By which time Jason had gone away for a few days so couldn't book the aforementioned shiny tickets. Booooo! On the plus side, it meant I got to see my friend Greig, which was fun. And we got to go back to Birmingham in order to celebrate the quarter century of Nicky, which was good also.
Anyhoo, Jason has now returned from his... wherever it was he went and booked us flights as of about 3 hours ago! Woop and indeed hooray! Just when we were in the middle of performing an elaborate celebratory song and dance (with a chorus line, dancing elephants and 3 part harmony) Becky burst the brief bubble of joy by noticing that although the flight is booked for Saturday, it is actually booked for Saturday 13th, meaning another 10 days in England! Noooooo! This does mean I get to see my parents again but... my god. I am poor. I haven't been paid since 23rd July! I need to get out there if only to have something to do! More importantly, the flight seems to have been booked in the name of Rebecca Bullard. Not mine obviously. That'd be a serious error. No. It should read Rebecca B-B. This is bad. Becky has spent ages and ages on the phone trying to get this sorted, but it seems Jason will have to cancel the ticket and rebook with the correct name. Damn and indeed blast. So we have to wait until he wakes up and sorts it out before we continue our celebratory dance.
So. In relatively brief detail, that brings you (the reader) up to date in the life of us. And if anyone wants to come visit me in exciting thrilling sunny Bourne over the next week-ish, that'd be just swell.
Right now, I'm going to go finish reading The Long Goodbye. Actually, it never occurred to me when I started reading it, but that's kind of ironic. I mean, I started saying my goodbyes about... oooh 7 weeks ago now. That's a pretty long goodbye. Well, technically it's not, I haven't been saying goodbye that entire time. But y'know... you see what I mean. Shut up.

No comments: