Friday 26 September 2008

Soju and fruit juice

Ok, quick post! So we've now been teaching for two weeks and it's been all manner of fun and hijinks. But right now I just wanted to talk about tonight. We've been out for dinner with some of the other teachers and had a highly tasty pork spine broth. Mmmmmm yummy. The only downer of the meal is finding bits of artery and spinal cord. But it was otherwise very good. Honest.
Then we were hanging out at Jasmin's (American) apartment with Liz (Canadian), Mel (Canadian), Sophie (Kiwi) and Freya (Canadian). I am now the official man-cot (male mascot, duh) of the mostly female teaching group. Woop. Um, so we drank a whole heap of Soju with various fruit juices. We bought lots of Soju last week, tasted some neat and almost spat it right back out, as it's pretty nasty stuff. But with fruit juice it's hard to even tell it's there so it's very easy to drink. Hence I am now feeling a bit drunk, although it doesn't feel like I've drunk anything. Anyway, we played Cranium and chatted and had heaps of fun.
I like it here.
At some point very soon there'll be a proper update of what we've been up to since we've been here, but right now I'm gonna go try to call my parents before I go to bed. Bye!

Alan

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Firstly, I must say I can't believe Alan managed to fix a bed, that is a very manly thing to do. Maybe it's the beard. Hee hee! Secondly, sounds so so exciting and well done you guys for doing it! I hope you guys will still be around when Nick and I rock up. I will be keeping an eye on your blog. Hope you're having the jolliest my lovelies.

Natalie of the Hough variety xxx