Tuesday 15 July 2008

finally a job!

Oh dear, I think this blog is leading to domestic violence...
Right, um. There have been many many changes since we last wrote. We decided not to go for the Jeonju job in the end because the hours of work kept changing and we were worried that we might end up working very different hours from each other. It was an extremely difficult, one day we were saying "let's go for it" and the next "let's just say no" and we went on like this for quite a while before being forced into making a decision.

I have to admit that after that I went into extreme panic mode and started emailing about 20 jobs and recruiters a day leading to much confusion on Alan's (and even my) part, as we never really knew who we were talking to and which job they were offering us. I realised that things had got a bit out of control when I answered the phone "Hi Kim" to Sam, our recruiter. It also didn't help that I had already accidentally emailed him a message meant for Alan, wishing that I was still in bed with him, a few days earlier (come to think of it, maybe that's why he was still keen to work with us).

We answered more and more bizarre questions; do we do drugs? Do we have aids? Why aren't we married? "never", "of course not", "very soon" (cough cough). We had just about reached a point when we couldn't face another interview at 7.30 am with a person we couldn't understand, who wished that we were American, when we heard from Jason. The job seemed good (3-9, Gwangju, couple apartment) and after one email he called us for an interview and we decided to take it straight away... phew! Everything seems pretty much perfect (I'll be getting paid a bit more than Alan which is fine by me) and although we're really sad not to be going through Dan, our original recruiter, we are really really excited about Gwangju! 

Ooh and the school is called "You and I", which I like.

No comments: