Friday 23 January 2009

Momentary Side Track Blog

I feel I have to take a step out of trying to catch up on everything we've been up to over the last month (I can't believe it's almost a month since Christmas already!). The last couple of days it's started to warm up a little, which was a bit of a relief. Unfortunately, today we stepped out of our apartment block into a vicious, biting cold and discovered it'd started snowing again (see above picture of Becky and I on our way to work. Honest. That's us. We've bought matching trilbys). Now, I couldn't possibly count the number of times I've been in an English winter, praying for rain to stop and snow to start, thinking 'I could handle the cold if there was snow'. I mean, snow is ace, right? It's all white and fluffy and you can build snowmen and have snowball fights and schools close and the world is happy! No! This is not true! I am thoroughly sick of snow. Not that I'd prefer rain, don't get me wrong. But I have now decided I just wasn't built for cold weather at all. Winter is just plain depressing.

No comments: